Monday, January 28, 2008

Obama: I am not a Muslim

Click

I see via TTC that the front runner got on the phone with members of the Jewish media to debunk the "Obama is a Muslim" email all of us have seen.

On the one hand, I like the fact that Barak is taking the time to address the dirty tricks head on. One of the many things Kerry did wrong four years ago was that he never bothered to address the Swift Boat lies. They were on television and unreflectivly echoed in the so-called liberal media for weeks before anyone connected with the campaign took the time to explain why the whole thing was bogus. By then, it was too late and Kerry has been hamstrung. So its nice to see that this Democrat isn't going to sit back and let himself be slimed.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I like the fact that Obama is quite this concerned about an email being passed around by a bunch of Orthodox Jews. There aren't that many of us and this little hoax about Obama being a closet Allah-worshipper hasn't been picked up by the main stream media. Is he just a very through and careful campaigner, or does Barak Obama harbor the anti-Semite's suspicion that our small and insignificant community influences (or, dare I say it, controls) the national conversation?

Just some stray thoughts... not sure I have any opinion.

No comments: