Monday, January 21, 2008

The victim's words

DOVBEAR EXCLUSIVE

What follows is a statement from the victim of last night's attack on Ramat Bet Shemesh

Around 8 oclock, I was on my way to a yarzeit seuda for a friend's mother . I went down into the parking lot and noticed that the back and read windows of my car were smashed to pieces. An innocent bystander happened to be there and I asked him what happened. He responded that he had no idea.

I looked to the left and saw a gang of at least 20 people. They screamed "chaptzem" and I started running. In the meantime I heard them say "grab his cellphone." They caught up to me and started brutally hitting and kicking me. After what seemed to be an eternity, they ran away.

Afterwards, I asked around to find out who did it. I was told that it was a group known as the "Mermelsteins," which is a sect that broke away from mainstream Breslov and is one of the most vocal supporters of the violence here.

He has asked me not to name him.

No comments: